A list of 10 foods that “cause arguments” every time they’re mentioned includes: Hot dogs and their toppings . . . pizza, everything about it . . . and cheesesteaks that aren’t from Philadelphia.
FULL STORY: Sometimes it feels like social media’s main function in society is providing a platform for people to argue about . . . FOOD. Like, pizza with pineapple . . . and is kale edible, or just a garnish?
The food blog “The Takeout“ has a list of “10 foods and drinks that cause arguments every time they’re mentioned” . . .
FYI my opinions are in parenthesis
1. Hot dogs and their toppings . . . everything from ketchup to mayo. (Mayo doesn’t belong)
2. The classic cocktail: The Old-Fashioned . . . bourbon versus brandy. (Bourbon and a nice cherry and orange twist)
3. Buffalo wings . . . and the best places to get them, even if it’s a chain… (Domu! Or Gators and Froggers- Medium sauce or Garlic Teriyaki- Chad wants Hot Garlic)
4. Pasta carbonara . . . with unnecessary complications, like adding peas. ( don’t you dare add peas)
5. Pizza . . . pretty much everything about it, from style to toppings. ( Meatlovers all the way- and never Pineapple)
6. Cheesesteaks that aren’t from Philadelphia . . . and toppings, like ketchup. (ketchup doesn’t belong, and after actually trying this in Philly- cheese wiz does!)
7. Chili . . . beans versus NO beans. (beans AND my chili MUST have meat)
8. Barbecue . . . mainly which region is superior, but also preferred techniques. (Carolina BBQ sauce!!)
9. Hoagies . . . the best way to build them, like how much meat. (the meat limit does not exist)
10. Ranch dressing . . . gross or “nectar of the gods”? Not nectar, but a definite necessity… for pizza crust and fries)