Hi there and thanks for reading! This might be long, but bear with me a bit 🙂
Let me tell you my friend, Elaine’s story…. “In 2016 the most beautiful thing happened, our youngest daughter gave birth to her first child. There is nothing like being there to encourage her through this amazing experience. We saw the most precious baby boy come into our lives and even though he required a few days in the NICU we were told he was
perfectly healthy. As he grew, we noticed he was not hitting all the milestones and in 2018 he was officially diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. He was non-verbal until the age of 4 and at 5 has now started to form few sentences. I cannot imagine his frustration when he is unable to tell his mommy what’s wrong. How the public reacts to him is devastating to my daughter, so much so, that she rarely takes him places. I admit, I knew nothing about Autism before he was diagnosed, and likely would have wondered why she let him get so out of hand. From the moment he was diagnosed I wanted to know more about Autism.
Here is what I’ve learned:
• In 2020, the CDC reported that approximately 1 in 54 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with an autism
spectrum disorder (ASD).
• Autism affects all ethnic and socioeconomic groups. No family is immune.
• On average, autism costs an estimated $60,000 a year through childhood.
• Mothers of children with ASD, who tend to serve as the child’s case manager and advocate, are often
unable to work outside the home. If they work they earn 56% less than other mothers.
• The cost of caring for Americans with autism had reached $268 billion in 2015 and would rise to $461 billion
by 2025 in the absence of more-effective interventions.
Along with learning about Autism we wanted to use what we have to help bring awareness to the cause. Therefore, our venue Bridlewood Ranch is hosting the first Boots & Bling night to benefit Autism Speaks and Collaborative Corner for Exceptional Children. Both organizations offer support to those with the disorder and the families who love and support them. There are no other fundraisers of this kind benefiting these organizations in Florida. Help us not only with our fund-raising efforts, but to also bring awareness to a disorder that effects so many. How can you do this? By being a participating sponsor in our upcoming event, donating to the silent auction, buying tickets to attend a fun evening benefiting a great cause, or donating any amount. We are counting on you!
On September 4th, 2021, I Susie, from the Morning Wolfpack , am honored to host this amazing event. For the cost of a night out on the town, you will be making a wonderful difference in so many lives. Here is what is included and what you can expect from the night.
- 3 course dinner, catered by Help A Host
- All your cocktails! (don’t forget cash)
- A Silent Auction
- Music provided by DNR Solutions, ranked the number one DJ in Central Florida by the Readers Of Orlando Magazine
- Boots & Bling contest for the best boots and bling!
Come out and have the best Saturday night! Masks are optional, and it gives us a great opportunity to get fancy and show off our dresses and boots! Grab your friends, grab your dates, this is a night to remember!
Click HERE to purchase tickets!
Location & Date :
Sat, September 4, 2021 ; 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM EDT
Bridlewood Ranch – 10905 Guilford Road, Clermont, FL 34715