Did we ever think our parents needed reassurance that they were actual adults? I always think that to myself.
According to Huff Post, these are the things that will make you feel more like you have your ish together….
1. Use an actual alarm clock. When your phone is your alarm, it’s the first thing you look at. So you end up starting your day by scrolling through texts and social media. That’s why an actual clock might be better. Although I have my Alexa show and phone in the same spot…. but i definitely only scroll on social media at night and not morning…. why would I at 4am?
2. Start with 30 seconds of gratitude. Just take half-a-minute to be thankful for something in your life . . . Think about the reasons you’re happy to wake up and be up, check out your spouse, your kids, all that jazz.
3. Set a daily intention. Think of a few things you want to accomplish that day. Make them realistic, like getting to work on time or skipping fried food.
4. Drink a glass of water. One glass is easy on me, but I don’t like water normally. It’ll definitely help you.
5. Exercise. It releases endorphins, which helps relieve stress. Get it out of the way, and feel great for the remainder of it. Speaking of which I should probably do that after the AM show….. here’s hoping I eventually start!