The nominees for the MusicRow Awards have recently been revealed and the winners will be announced virtually on August 19th!. MusicRow is a Nashville music industry trade publication and now in its 33rd year, the longest running trade publication that celebrates and honors not only the artists, but those behind the songs including songwriters, producers, labels and everyone in between in the Country music industry. Other than these awards, MusicRow provides reviews, news and other in-depth coverage throughout the country music.
There are eleven member voted categories! These include Label Group of the Year, Producer of the Year, Breakthrough Artist-Writer of the Year, Artist of the Year, Discovery Artist of the Year, Song of the Year, Male Songwriter of the Year, Female Songwriter fo the year, Talent Agency of the Year, and Breakthrough Songwriter of the year.
The nominees are nominated by the committee and there were outside nominations that have been considered for Breakthrough Songwriter and Breakthrough Artist-Writer. Male and Female Songwriter nominees. These awards are based on data from MusicRow’s Top Songwriter Chart and the projects that were eligible were released between June 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021.
The biggest category, song of the year has some big names! The songs include:
- “Black Like Me” recorded by Mickey Guyton (UMG Nashville/Capitol Records Nashville) and written by Mickey Guyton, Nathan Chapman, Emma Davidson-Dillon and Fraser Churchill.
- “Give Heaven Some Hell” recorded by Hardy (Big Loud records) and written by Michael Hardy, Hunter Phelps, Ben Johnson and Ashley Gorley
- “Half of My Hometown” recorded by Kelsea Ballerini ft. Kenny Chesney (Black River Entertainment) and written by Kelsea Ballerini, Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Jimmy Robbins and Nicolle Galyon.
- “Hell of a View” recorded by Eric Church (UMG Nashville/EMI Records Nashville) and written by Eric Church, Casey Beathard and Monty Criswell.
- “My Boy” recorded by Elvie Shane (BBR Music Group/Wheelhouse Records) and written by Elvie Shane, Lee Starr, Nick Columbia, Russell Sutton.
- “Next Girl” recorded by Carly Pearce (Big Machine Label Group) and written by Carly Pearce, Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne.